This homemade Capital Grille recipe is creamy, rich, and divine. The light mashed potatoes recipe will be a hit with everyone at the dinner table. This is the ideal potato recipe to serve during the holidays with your favorite main course recipe. This Copycat Capital Grille Mashed Potatoes recipe only requires four simple ingredients and a few minutes to prepare.
Our review of lunch at The Capital Grille restaurant in South Coast Plaza.
The Capital Grille Mashed Potatoes Recipe 🔗
Make our The Capital Grille Mashed Potatoes Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Mashed Potatoes will taste just like they came from a High End Steakhouse.
- 2 1/2 pounds Red Potatoes
- 1 stick Butter (a room temperature)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream + more (if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Chives (to garnish)
- Wash potato skins with a vegetable brush. Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold water.
- Place pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes become soft. Check by inserting a fork into a few of them.
- Drain the water.
- Place potatoes back into a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, cream and salt.
- Beat with an electric mixer until whipped without lumps. Add more cream, gradually, if needed to create the creamy texture you desire.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chives.
Why do you put an egg yolk in mashed potatoes?
Only incorporate egg yolks into the potato mixture because they add an incredible amount of creaminess, an irresistible flavor, as well as a vibrant yellow color and a richer flavor to the potatoes.
What is a good spice to add to mashed potatoes?
Add salt, if desired, and then sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, paprika, dill weed, parsley, and chives before spreading the remaining mashed potatoes on top.
How do you make Robuchon mashed potatoes?
For Gordon Ramsay’s mashed potatoes, boil the potatoes for 30 minutes, drain them, and set them aside. Next, melt the butter in a pan, cook the garlic in it, add the milk, stir it for a minute, and then add the warmed milk, chives, salt, and pepper to the potatoes. Finally, mash the potatoes until they are smooth.