I’ve partnered with Traeger (and Meater) to bring you this post on exactly how to make smoked whole turkey for Thanksgiving. I’m using their dry rub and Traeger Turkey Pellets Kit. Let’s smoke a whole bird!
Hey there, you should follow me on Instagram @sipbitego for live updates as I host a smoked turkey takeover!
The PERFECT TURKEY on a Traeger Pellet Grill | Holiday Recipes
How to Smoke a Turkey on a Traeger 🔗
Turkey Smoked on a Traeger is one of my favorite ways to cook turkey for Thanksgiving. Come check out my tried and true method along with my 8 pro tips for the best smoked turkey!
Serving Size: 3/4 pound turkey
Nutrition Facts: calories 643 calories, Carbohydrate 0 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 371 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 25 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 97 grams protein, Saturated Fat 7 grams saturated fat, servingSize 3/4 pound turkey, Sodium 350 milligrams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar, Trans Fat 0 grams trans fat, unSaturated Fat 16 grams unsaturated fat
- 12 pound Brined , Unstuffed Turkey (no more than 14 pounds)
- Prepare the turkey brine according to your chosen recipe instructions.
- For a liquid brine, rinse and pat the turkey dry after the brine time. For a dry brine, there is no need to rinse (unless your recipe specifically tells you to). Simply pat it dry afterwards.
- Prepare your smoker to a low heat setting. On our Traeger, we use the “smoke” setting (around 150-160 degrees F) and we either use Oak, Hickory, Apple, Pecan or a blend of pellets for our wood.
- Transfer the turkey to the smoker, insert the probe of a digital meat thermometer that is safe for BBQing into the thickest part of the breast, and smoke on 150-160 degrees F for 3 – 4 hours.
- After 3 – 4 hours, Increase the temperature to 225 degrees F and continue to cook until the the meat thermometer registers 150 degrees F in the thickest portion of the breast.
- When the turkey reaches 150 degrees F, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- At the turkey temperature of 155 degrees F, transfer your turkey to an oven safe roasting pan and transfer it to the oven.
- Roast at 425 on the lower rack to crisp and brown the skin until the temperature probe inserted turkey breast reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey from the smoker and let rest, loosely tented with foil, on a platter for 20-30 minutes before slicing.