This recipe, which was created by freediver and Traeger Pro Team member Kimi Werner, requires little preparation time and is bursting with bright, zesty flavor to go with any fresh fish.
Grilling FISH & VEGGIES on the TRAEGER Grill
Traeger Rockfish 🔗
This easy Traeger grilled rockfish recipe cooks in about 20-25 minutes, and features fresh rockfish, lemon, and simple seasoning to really let the fresh fish shine.
Serving Size: 1
Nutrition Facts: calories 270 calories, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 98 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 17 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 28 grams protein, Saturated Fat 9 grams saturated fat, servingSize 1, Sodium 381 grams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar, Trans Fat 0 grams trans fat, unSaturated Fat 6 grams unsaturated fat
- 6 rockfish filets
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your Traeger grill to 375° according to factory directions.
- Place the fish in a grill-safe baking dish. Place the fish inside, and season both sides with the salt, onion and garlic powder, and dill.
- Place one pat of butter on top of each filet, and a couple of lemon slices.
- Place the baking dish on the grill and shut the lid. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the fish is flaky and no longer translucent.
- Remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
What temperature do you cook fish on a pellet grill?
If you want to smoke your fish, then smoking rules apply – set the temperature low, at about 225F, and let your fish cook for 1-3 hours until it reaches the desired texture. Set your pellet grill to a temperature of 350F and wait for it to reach temperature before you add your fish.
What temperature should my Traeger be on fish?
The fillet should be placed on the grill after marinating or brushing with oil, and should be turned after 6 to 8 minutes. Cooking should continue until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 145 degrees, flipping as necessary to prevent either side from burning.
What is the best temperature to grill fish?
Now that your grill has been preheated, you’re almost ready to start grilling your fish. Regardless of whether the fish has skin on or off, the temperature should be at a medium to high heat, depending on the recipe, around 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you smoke fish on a Traeger?
Enjoy the salmon warm or chilled by placing it skin-side down directly on the grill grates, covering the grill, and smoking it for 3–4 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.