A family favorite, this country style rib marinade is easy to make with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
You can use this pantry staple-based country style rib marinade on chicken, beef, or even pork ribs!
*You can use this marinade on chicken as well as country ribs in the slow cooker!
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- ½ cup brown sugar.
- ⅓ cup soy sauce.
- ¼ cup beef broth, or chicken broth.
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tablespoon paprika.
How to marinate pork ribs | marinating pork spare ribs | Homemade Rub | DIY #tasty
Country Style Rib Marinade 🔗
This Country Style Rib Marinade is simple to make using pantry staples. Use it on pork ribs, beef ribs, or even chicken!
Serving Size: 1 g
Nutrition Facts: calories 608 calories, servingSize 1 g
- 3 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 garlic cloves,, minced
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and ground black pepper, (to taste)
- 2 lb Country Style Pork Boneless Ribs
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- Place ribs and marinade in a sealed plastic bag and marinate until ready to use.
- Grill on a grill that has been pre-heated to a medium heat (roughly 350F). Cook, turning once, until the ribs register an internal temperature of 160F on an insta-read thermometer.*
Should you marinate ribs before grilling?
Most ribs require an overnight marinating period in the refrigerator, making them the ideal make-ahead dish for barbecue gatherings.
What do you soak ribs in to make them tender?
Place ribs meat-side up in a shallow baking dish, add enough water to the dish to cover the bottom, and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Soak ribs in apple cider vinegar for two hours. Remove ribs from vinegar, pat dry, and evenly coat ribs with rub. Bake ribs for three hours at 300 degrees F.
How long should you marinate ribs before grilling?
If possible, try not to let ribs marinate for longer than 24 hours. For best results, plan to marinate ribs for 2 to 8 hours. You can also leave them in the marinade overnight, if that works better for you.
Should you marinate pork ribs?
The ideal time for marinating pork ribs is between 7 and 12 hours (overnight), but most recipes do not call for such a long period of time; the USDA recommends marinating pork ribs for 3-5 days in the refrigerator to produce a tender and flavor-infused final product.