He doesn’t care how I serve it: in a summery grain bowl, in sandwiches, or just plated up with sliced tomatoes and a side of crusty bread. He loves its charred, salty flavor and rich, squeaky texture. I can’t blame him – I’m a big fan of it too. If panzanella is my favorite summer dinner, then grilled halloumi cheese is unquestionably Jack’s.
- Butter the toast – spread 1/2 Tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat skillet – place a skillet over low to medium/low heat. …
- Add cheese – stack cheeses on one of the pieces of bread, cover with the other piece of toast and flip the sandwich over.
How to Grill Non-Melting Halloumi Cheese | Two Easy Ways to Serve!
20 Ways To Use Halloumi Cheese 🔗
Try these halloumi cheese recipes for dishes you won’t forget! From grilled cheese to burgers to salad and tacos, you’ll flip for halloumi.
- Life-Changing Fried Halloumi Bites
- Grilled Halloumi Cheese
- Halloumi Cheese Fingers
- Crispy Halloumi Burgers
- Grilled Halloumi Sandwiches
- Halloumi Hummus Bowls
- Easy Halloumi Salad
- Grilled Halloumi Tacos
- Halloumi Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes u0026amp; Mint
- Potato, Courgette u0026amp; Halloumi Hash with Tomato Sauce
- Avocado and Halloumi Wraps
- Halloumi Pizza with Spinach and Tomatoes
- Butter Halloumi Curry
- Quick and Easy Halloumi Fajitas
- Tomato Za’atar Soup with Halloumi Croutons
- Yellow Nectarine Salad with Grilled Halloumi
- Bruschetta Baked Halloumi
- Sweet Potato, Spinach, and Halloumi Curry
- Grilled Halloumi With Watermelon and Basil-Mint Oil
- Grilled Halloumi With Berry Mint Salad
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a Halloumi cheese recipe in 30 minutes or less!
What kind of cheese is grilling cheese?
The grilling cheese is a pasteurized cow’s milk cheese made with vegetable rennet, making it ideal for any meat-free feasting around the grill in the summer, though we won’t stop you if you want to roast figs and prosciutto-wrapped cheese batons.
Is grilling cheese the same as halloumi?
Although grilling cheeses and halloumi cheese share a similar aesthetic, grilling cheeses produced in the United States or Canada cannot legally be referred to as halloumi.
How do you make grilled cheese step by step?
The Best Grilled CheeseStep 1: Butter the bread on one side and place it butter-side down on a hot skillet. Step 2: Top with cheese and place a second slice of bread on top (butter-side up). Step 3: Cook until the bottom slice is lightly browned and flip. Step 4: Cook until the cheese is melted.
Can you cook cheese on a grill?
Grilling Just the Cheese To grill it, slice it to about a half-inch thickness, brush it with a little olive oil, and serve it with bread and meat or on its own with a squeeze of lemon juice. Most types of cheese you can grill can withstand a brief period of time on the grill to get them warm and a little bit melted.