With its fresh ingredients of fresh pineapple, tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, garlic, and cilantro, this roasted pineapple salsa is the ideal salsa recipe for your tortilla chips or pita chips.
I’ve had my fair share of Mexican food while living in Texas, but after many years, I’ve managed to perfect my own roasted chunky pineapple salsa recipe that is comparable to the fabled salsa at this restaurant. My favorite pineapple salsa of all time is from a Tex-Mex restaurant in Austin, Texas, called Hula Hut.
- Step 1Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Step 2Brush pineapple with olive oil and grill until charred on both sides. Set aside to cool, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Step 3In a medium bowl, mix pineapple, peaches, jalapeños, onions and lime juice. Season with salt and garnish with cilantro.
Outstanding Pineapple Salsa Recipe | CaribbeanPot.com
Grilled Pineapple Salsa 🔗
Switch up your salsa game with this smoky-sweet Grilled Pineapple Salsa from Delish.com
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1″ pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush pineapple with olive oil and grill until charred on both sides. Set aside to cool, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix pineapple, peaches, jalapeños, onions and lime juice. Season with salt and garnish with cilantro.
Why does grilled pineapple taste good?
Fresh, in-season pineapple is hard to top—until you grill it, allowing the sugars to caramelize and intensify the fruit’s sweetness while also introducing a hint of smokiness.
Can you grill pineapple by itself?
What is this? If you’d rather stay inside, you can also grill pineapple on a cast iron grill pan by lightly oiling your grill and cooking the fruit for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until it turns golden brown and has grill marks.
Is grilled pineapple good for you?
Sliced pineapple, diced tomatoes, diced peppers, minced onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper should all be combined in a small bowl before being transferred to the pineapple bowl for serving.