These mouthwatering Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots are perfect as a side dish for special occasions or as a weeknight meal.
Carrots are naturally sweet, and the best way to bring out that sweetness is to roast them; in fact, candied carrots are another name for these baked carrots.
Although I think the oven is the best cooking method for these particular brown sugar carrots, we also enjoy roasting carrots in the air fryer (see Air Fryer Carrots).
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- ¼ cup brown sugar.
- ¼ cup honey.
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (just a pinch)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Brown Sugar Baked Carrots 🔗
These delicious brown sugar carrots are an easy recipe for both a holiday meal or busy weeknights. The brown sugar and butter caramelizes the carrots, creating a sweet glaze.
- 10-12 Carrots, peeled and then cut in half OR 2 dozen baby carrots.
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Put the carrots down and then sprinkle them with salt, pepper, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix the carrots up.
- Melt the butter and pour it over the carrots.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through. About half way through, mix the carrots up to ensure even baking. NOTE: If using baby carrots, you will need to adjust your time to 45-60 minutes.
- Pour any leftover brown sugar and butter on top of the carrots in your serving platter.
- Sprinkle your brown sugar baked carrots with parsley for garnish.
How can I make my carrots taste better?
The biggest difficulty with grilling carrots is their size; small carrots can easily fall through the grates. However, this problem can be solved by selecting large carrots and then cutting them into pieces that are less likely to do so by slicing them on the bias into 3/4-inch slices.
Can you glaze carrots ahead of time?
To help bring out the flavor of carrots, seasoning them is a great way to help. For a basic and adaptable seasoning, stick with salt, pepper, and garlic. For an herbier taste, add rosemary, parsley, cumin, or coriander. Or, to bring out their fresh, woody flavor, add some anise.
How long do carrots take to bake?
Yes, you can make these honey glazed carrots in advance, but if you do, I’d advise boiling them for a minute or two less so that they don’t get mushy when you reheat them.