Jump to recipe Only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes are required for this spicy grilled cod recipe in foil, which combines savory spices with a simple technique to keep fillets moist and tender.
- Prep: Preheat the grill to 400 degrees. Salt and pepper the cod.
- Marinade: In a small bowl add the butter, cajun seasoning, olive oil, and garlic. Reserve half of the marinade.
- Season: Brush on each side of the cod and place on a well-oiled grill.
- Grill: Let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
How To Cook CAJUN Style Cod FISH | Restaurant Quality Recipes
Cajun Grilled Cod In Foil (5 Ingredients!) 🔗
This spicy grilled cod recipe in foil combines savory spices with an easy method that keeps fillets moist and tender. Just 5 ingredients + done in 15 minutes!
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: calories 175 kcal, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Protein 25.7 g, Fat 6.9 g, Saturated Fat 3.8 g, Trans Fat 0.2 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Sodium 123.1 mg, Fiber 0.9 g, Sugar 0.6 g, unSaturated Fat 2.3 g, servingSize 1 serving
- 4 5-oz Cod fillets
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter ((melted))
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 medium Lemon ((sliced thinly))
- Preheat half of the grill burners to medium-high heat.
- Place each piece of fish onto a piece of aluminum foil, large enough to wrap around the fish (leave open for now). Use paper towels to pat the fish dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and lemon juice. Brush the mixture over the cod fillets.
- Season the cod on both sides with Cajun seasoning. Top each piece of fish with a lemon slice.
- Fold the foil all the way around the fish, leaving some space inside for air and creating a tight seal so that steam can't escape.
- Grill cod foil packets over indirect heat (on the side with burners off) for 10-12 minutes (recommended for even cooking), or over direct heat for 7-9 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
How long should cod be cooked?
The 12 traditional pairings that go best with cod fish include coleslaw, zucchini fritters, French fries, Hush Puppies, lemon rice, asparagus, fried okra, and mac and cheese.
How do you grill cod on a griddle?
If your oven is preheated, cod cooks in just 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish, while it takes 25 to 30 minutes to cook in a 350 degree oven and 13 to 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.