Bone-in whole chicken cut into small pieces makes a perfect grilled chicken for feasting at home. Serve it hot and sizzling, and garnish it with fresh lemon juice and parsley as a best quick main dish. Learn how to make this simple, crispy, tender grilled chicken in the comfort of your oven.
Although I enjoy grilling inside, in the comfort of my oven, just as much as I enjoy grilling outside now that the weather is warming up and I have everything I need nearby in the kitchen, I believe that indoor grilling is faster and simpler. Nonetheless, I enjoy the distinctive experience of both indoor and outdoor grilling.
Grab your thawed chicken and get inspired by my simple step-by-step instructions below to make the best-grilled chicken inside your oven effortlessly when you are tired, hungry, and have a large family to feed. So do not look any further than this healthy recipe ready in less than 30 minutes.
The best side dish for this dish is a quick fresh salad made with avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion, and garnished with lemon juice and parsley. This dish is completed with my incredibly easy sourdough starter tortilla recipe, which is made from scratch.
Consequently, I urge you to prepare this simple homemade oven-grilled chicken without a grill throughout the year, but especially this spring and summer.
How to make the best melt in your mouth tasty Oven Baked Chicken – quick roasted chicken recipes
Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken 🔗
This Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken recipe will be a major win for dinner!
- 1 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 3 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, drumsticks, and breasts
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Make barbecue sauce: In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, molasses, and spices. Reserve 1 cup of sauce for later. Add chicken to remaining barbecue sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Make chicken: Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with foil. Place onions on baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Place chicken on top of onions, skin side up, and bake until golden and internal temperature reaches 165°, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Brush chicken with reserved barbecue sauce on both sides and broil until skin is crispy and sauce is thickened, 5 minutes.
Is it better to grill chicken or bake it?
Fork your chicken to see if it is cooked, tender, and juicy. Preheat your oven to 160°C. Place your chicken inside the oven. Then, let it grill for about an hour at a temperature of 160°C.
What is the best way to grill chicken?
According to the National Cancer Institute, cooking meat at high temperatures, such as when grilling over an open flame, may alter its composition and encourage the formation of toxic compounds, even though both methods preserve its flavor.
Can I bake chicken instead of grilling?
To grill, preheat the grill to medium-high heat, lightly oil the grates, then place the chicken skin-side down and cook for 5–6 minutes, or until grill marks start to appear, before turning it over and cooking for an additional 6–8 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.