This mouth-watering Air Fryer Pineapple is melt-in-your-mouth delicious and incredibly easy to prepare if you want to up your BBQ game this year without grilling.
When you cook pineapple in your air fryer with brown sugar and butter, it transforms into this delectable, light dessert that you’ll want to make every night. Pineapple is a staple of the summer for us and it’s delicious on its own.
Throughout the year, I adore my air fryer, but in the summer, it really comes in handy because I can make this incredible Brazilian Grilled Pineapple without turning on my oven or grill, and it always comes out delicious. It’s the ideal addition to a summer barbecue or to a dish that simply needs a little acidic pop.
- Preheat grill.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl.
- Coat each side of the pineapple wedges with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place pineapple wedges on grill and close lid; grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip pineapple wedges and grill for 3 minutes per side.
- Serve warm.
Grilled Brazilian Pineapple
BRAZILIAN GRILLED PINEAPPLE 🔗
This sweet sugary glaze with light cinnamon flavour, directly on Brazilian grilled pineapple is the best dessert combo on the BBQ ever. You can eat it as is or top it with your favourite ice cream.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: calories 102 kcal, servingSize 1 serving
- 1 large pineapple (cut into wedges)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted butter ((for grill))
- vanilla ice cream ((optional))
- Wash and cut the pineapple in wedges. Keep the leaves on.
- In a medium kitchen bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover the pineapple, with the mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ on medium heat and brush the grill with butter. Place the pineapple on the grill skin down and grill for 15 minutes, with the lid closed. Lower the heat to minimum and turn the pineapple on the other side (skin side). Grill the pineapple with lid closed for another 10 -15 minutes.
- Check the pineapple often, so it doesn't burn. You can add the resting sugar-cinnamon mixture on the pineapple, while grilling.
- Remove the pineapple from the BBQ and let it sit for 5 minutes. It will be hot. Cut the slices by sliding pairing knife in between the skin and flesh of pineapple. Then slice it on 1 inch big pieces. You can brush the pineapple with melted butter before serving or with big scoop of ice cream.
Why is grilled pineapple so good?
Pineapple is one of the best fruits for grilling because it is large and relatively uniform in shape, which makes it simple to cut into flat, grill-friendly slices, and because it is high in sugar, which causes it to caramelize beautifully over high heat, like that from a charcoal grill.
Does Fogo de Chao have pineapple?
FOGO DE CHO DOES SERVE Brazilian pineapple, which is delicious and has hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. 11 months ago.
Is grilled pineapple good for you?
Nutritional Tip: Bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme with anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting properties, is present in pineapple and is a good source of copper, B-complex vitamins, dietary fiber, folate, and pantothenic acid.