Thick cut vegetables are chargrilled then tossed in marinade for a summer side that goes well with healthy grill recipes.
Serve this dish with other grilling season favorites like extra grilled zucchini or this grilled romaine lettuce!
One of my favorite summertime ways to eat vegetables is with a balsamic marinade; it’s light, healthy, and, when made with a variety of colors, gorgeous!
It’s a quick and easy side dish that requires very little work and is infused with so much flavor from both the grill and the balsamic marinade.
Serve these healthy turkey burgers or ground chicken burgers with these balsamic grilled vegetables, and your kids will be begging for seconds not just at barbecues and potlucks but any day of the week!
Although it is the same marinade used for all the vegetables, grilling brings out the incredible unique flavor of each vegetable. This marinade is suitable for almost any crispy, tender vegetable.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons honey.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced.
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved.
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices.
How to Make Balsamic Grilled Vegetables (Side Dish Recipe)
Grilled Vegetables with Balsamic Vinaigrette 🔗
Healthy antioxidant rich vegetables get a flavorful punch when marinated in balsamic vinaigrette and grilled.
Nutrition Facts: calories 87 calories, Carbohydrate 16.6 g, Cholesterol None, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.7 g, Saturated Fat 0.3 g, servingSize None, Sodium 168 mg, Sugar None, Trans Fat None, unSaturated Fat None
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 onion, cut into 2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 small bunch kale (about 8 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine tomatoes and next 5 ingredients (tomatoes through kale) in a bowl. Divide balsamic vinaigrette and vegetable mixture evenly between 2 large zip-top plastic bags. Seal; marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bags occasionally.
- Remove vegetables from bags; reserve marinade. Prepare grill. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until onion is tender, basting with reserved marinade.
What oil is best for grilling vegetables?
Unlike meat, vegetables are better marinated AFTER cooking because they absorb flavor so much more effectively when they’re hot. Tastes like homemade antipasto. The best grilled vegetables are charred on the BBQ or roasted in the oven, then marinated in a lovely lemony herb garlic dressing.
What is the best way to cook vegetables on the grill?
I would recommend using olive oil, avocado oil, or grape seed oil to brush both sides of your vegetables before placing them on the grill. It should also go without saying, but make sure to season both sides of your vegetables with salt and pepper.