This Rotisserie Prime Rib Roast is the recipe for you if you want the juiciest prime rib roast of your life. It is tender, perfectly cooked, and has an unbelievable smoky grilled crust.
When it comes to incorporating that distinct wood fire flavor, open pit rotisserie cooking is virtually unrivaled.
Simple Steps to the Perfect Rotisserie Chicken | Weber Grills
Rotisserie Five-Spice Chicken 🔗
Rotisserie Five-Spice Chicken
Nutrition Facts: calories calories
- ¼ cup/60 milliliters defrosted frozen orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup/60 milliliters soy sauce
- ¼ cup/60 milliliters fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup/6 grams finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- In a medium bowl whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Remove and discard the wing tips, giblets and any excess fat from the chicken. Place the chicken in a large, resealable plastic bag, and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal it tightly. Turn the bag several times to coat the chicken evenly with the marinade. Place the bag in a bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade. Truss the chicken with butcher's twine. Following the grill’s instructions, secure the chicken in the middle of the rotisserie spit, put the spit in place, and turn on the rotisserie. Let the chicken rotate over indirect high heat, with the lid closed, until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 160° to 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh (not touching the bone), 1 to 1¼ hours. Check the chicken after 30 minutes; if the skin is browning too quickly, reduce the heat to medium (350° to 450°F).
- When the chicken is fully cooked, turn off the rotisserie and, wearing insulated barbecue mitts, remove the spit from the grill. Slide the chicken from the spit onto a cutting board, being careful not to splatter yourself with the hot juices. Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes (the internal temperature will rise a few degrees during this time). Cut into serving pieces and serve warm.
What is the best meat to cook on a rotisserie?
Here are some suggestions for your next rotisserie dinner:Prime Rib: Grilling a prime rib is a no-brainer, as the flavor and texture surpass anything from the oven; Ribs; Turkey: If you can rotisserie a chicken, you can rotisserie a turkey; Pineapple: The rotisserie handles more than dinner; it also handles dessert.
How long does it take to cook a rotisserie chicken on a Weber gas grill?
Rib-eye roasts, top loin roasts, and oven roasts such as a tenderloin roast (shown above left) or a rolled boneless rib roast (shown above right) are excellent candidates for rotisserie cooking.
How do I cook a rotisserie chicken on a Weber grill?
In accordance with the grill’s instructions, place the rotisserie spit in the center of the chicken, secure it, and start the motor. Grill the chicken over high heat, with the lid closed, for 1 to 112 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 75°C in the thickest part of the thigh (not touching the bone).