The salmon is a beautiful pink color with flaky meat and a delicious buttery taste, and the recipe only calls for a few ingredients; it can be baked or grilled. Use store-bought or homemade pesto; all you need is five ingredients and 30 minutes to impress your family or guests with your pesto salmon.
Best Grilled Salmon Recipe – Pesto Infused
Grilled Italian Pesto Salmon 30 Minutes Start to Finish 🔗
This is quick pesto salmon recipe yields a buttery, flaky, beautifully pink salmon that will become a family favorite. Five ingredients are all that you need for this outstanding Italian salmon dish that is impressive enough for company.
Serving Size: 4 ounces
Nutrition Facts: servingSize 4 ounces, calories 125 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Sodium 206 mg, Sugar 1 g
- 1 salmon fillet (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto (we used our homemade pesto* see note)
- 2 green onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- lemon wedges to serve with salmon
- In a small bowl, whisk the pesto, onions, lemon juice, and garlic. Add a few grinds of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Lightly coat the grill rack with cooking oil or spray. Heat grill to medium high heat (350 F.).
- Once the grill reaches the proper temperature, place salmon skin side down on the grill rack.
- Grill covered over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon some of the pesto sauce over the salmon taking care it doesn’t flame up.
- Grill 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste occasionally with the remaining pesto sauce.
- Serve with lemon wedges.