This Mexican chicken marinade recipe makes the best grilled chicken ever and is simple to scale up when you need to feed a large crowd at a cookout. I’ve found the Best Chicken Marinade and I want to share it with you.
Have you ever been at a restaurant enjoying a plate of mouthwatering chicken fajitas and wondered, “What secret magic do they perform on this meat to make it so flavorful and scrumptious?” Well, friends, wonder no more because I have found the answer, and it is contained in this recipe for Mexican chicken marinade.
Delicious POLLO ASADO | Mexican grilled chicken | Mexican food | Villa Cocina
Mexican Chicken Marinade 🔗
This simple cilantro lime marinade makes the best grilled chicken that is perfect for feeding a crowd at a cookout, or can be used for fajitas, tacos, or salads.
Serving Size: 1
Nutrition Facts: calories 336 calories, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 184 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 21 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Saturated Fat 5 grams saturated fat, servingSize 1, Sugar 0 grams sugar, Trans Fat 0 grams trans fat, unSaturated Fat 16 grams unsaturated fat
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice (or about 2-3 limes squeezed)
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 lb package of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Place all of the marinade ingredients into your food processor or blender. Garlic should be minced.
- Pulse until the marinade until it is smooth.
- Place raw chicken thighs into two separate 1 gallon food storage bags (about 1 lb into each bag or 3-4 thighs per bag)
- Split your marinade mixture, pouring half over the chicken thighs in each bag.
- Remove as much air from each storage bag as possible and seal the bags.
- With your hands, squeeze the bags to reposition the chicken thighs so that none are stacked, and the marinade is fully covering each cut of meat.
- Place the bags in the refrigerator (laying flat) for 2-24 hours.
- When you’re ready to grill your chicken, preheat your grill to medium high heat (about 500 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Grill each chicken thigh for 6-7 minutes per side, flipping with tongs.
- Use a meat thermometer to verify that your chicken is cooked when its internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the meat rest by placing foil over the cooked chicken for a few minutes until it is ready to serve.
- Top with fresh cilantro as a garnish when served.
Why is Mexican chicken so tender?
By beginning to break down the proteins, salt begins to tenderize chicken. It also draws moisture (and flavor) from the marinade into the meat, ensuring that the benefits of the marinade permeate the entire chicken cut rather than just the surface like a sauce that might drip or burn off.
How do you marnate chicken?
You can serve Easy Fried Rice or Thai Basil Fried Rice, but you can also enjoy it with plain Jasmine Rice or Basmati Rice. Dragon chicken is made with batter-fried crispy, crunchy chicken strips that are tossed in a spicy, sweet, and sour sauce along with cashews, bell peppers, and onions.
How do you make grilled chicken rice?
Mix the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and finely chopped fresh herbs in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Marinate the chicken for one to two hours.