A simple yet totally satisfying meal option, these grilled scallops are marinated in a mixture of olive oil, lemon, garlic, and herbs, then seared to golden brown perfection on the grill.
My family loves seafood pasta, shrimp boils, and these amazing grilled scallops, so I try to serve seafood at least once a week for dinner.
These grilled scallops are coated in a quick marinade for the best dinner with the least amount of effort! Scallops are one of my favorite ingredients to work with because they’re naturally tender and full of flavor and need little embelishment to create a great meal!
This recipe calls for sea scallops as well as a marinade made of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, with fresh parsley added as a garnish.
- Pat dry each scallop and lay them on a tray. Sprinkle on some olive oil, coating scallops on all sides. Season the scallops with salt, black pepper, and lemon pepper, making sure that the seasoning covers all sides. …
- Grill for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Scallops on the Grill! | How-To
Perfect Grilled Scallops 🔗
You’ll never guess again how to grill scallops with this recipe from Delish.com.
- 1 lb. medium scallops, patted dry
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season scallops generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, 4 minutes without disturbing. Flip and grill uncovered, until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with chives and red pepper flakes, and serve with lemon.
How do you know when scallops are done on the grill?
Scallops only take a few minutes to sear, meaning that they can become overcooked very quickly. Scallops are done when they are opaque in the center and golden brown on the outside. They should be firm but buttery, not at all difficult to cut or chew through.
How long do you grill scallops and at what temperature?
Make sure the vegetables are as dry as possible so the olive oil will adhere, pat them dry, and mix them with salt and pepper before placing them on the grill grates. Grill for about 5 minutes, turning once.
What temperature should scallops be grilled to?
In general, searing scallops on the stovetop, usually in a cast iron skillet to get a great sear, with butter or oil to get them nice and crispy, is the best way to prepare them.