Cut into bite-sized pieces: Cut all the fish and vegetables into pieces that are about the same size; this will help them all lay flat on the grill.
Prepare the marinade by pulsing the onion, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor with the olive oil until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Coat the fish and vegetables with the marinade and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to overnight.
Thread onto skewers: It’s important to thread the fish and vegetables onto the skewers against the grain and to choose vegetables that are nearly the same size as your fish; otherwise, some of the food will be overcooked and some will be undercooked.
Grill over high, direct heat: Clean the grates and give them a quick wipe down with a paper towel dipped in vegetable oil before placing the skewers on the grill.
Keep them in place for three to six minutes, or until the fish pieces are thoroughly browned on one side.
After that, carefully flip the skewers over with tongs and cook them until the other side is seared.
- Start grill. …
- When grill is ready, thoroughly clean the grilling surface before using a towel. …
- Lightly coat fish with vegetable oil, season with salt & pepper, and place on. …
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side. …
- While the fish rests, melt butter in a small fry pan over med-high heat.
FISH ON CHARCOALS. GRILLED STURGEON .
Grilled wild sturgeon with lime cilantro sauce 🔗
Grilled and baked wild sturgeon fish marinated with a spicy coriander seasoning and topped with a warm lime cilantro butter sauce.
- 2 lbs wild sturgeon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tbs coriander seeds (whole)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs dry oregano
- 1 tbs dry thyme
- 1 tbs salt
- Lime cilantro butter sauce
- Place the sturgeon and the salt in a bowl and cover with water, let sit for about 10 minutes and rinse.
- To make the seasoning mix, put all the ingredients for the mix in a mini food processor and pulse until crushed and mixed. The coriander seeds will not be completely powdered and should be partially crushed. You can also use a mortar and pestle instead of the mini food processor.
- Rub the olive oil and spicy coriander seasoning all over the fish and let marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F (skip if only grilling)
- Heat the grill and place the sturgeon on the grill, grill for about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to oven safe dish and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the lime cilantro butter sauce
How do you prepare sturgeon to eat?
Because sturgeon tenses up when exposed to direct heat, it is best prepared slowly, so pan-frying or grilling a (thick) fillet or steak is not advised without first baking it for 20 to 30 minutes, covered, at 350°F.
What temperature do you smoke sturgeon at?
Smoke it at a very low temperature (around 160°F) until it is cooked to your preference.
How do you know when sturgeon is cooked?
How cold the fish is when it goes into the oven helps determine how long to cook it. I use a quick register thermometer to check for doneness. If it registers 130 degrees it’s done enough. BAKE AT 375 DEGREES FOR 22-26 MINUTES – DO NOT OVERCOOK.
Is sturgeon good smoked?
The higher fat content helps the smoked sturgeon maintain a wonderful tender texture through the smoking process. There are many ways to alter the final flavor, from adjusting the cure ratio or ingredients to the type of wood used to achieve the smokiness. Smoked sturgeon is anything but common deli fare.