These quick and simple Grilled Shrimp Fajita Packets, made with tender bell peppers, onions, and perfectly seasoned shrimp, are ready in a matter of minutes!
Everyone loves these delicious fajitas, and we love to serve them with my Mexican rice and black beans for a complete meal.
Use the code IWYD10 at TastefullySimple.com to receive 10% off all online orders through July 1, 2021 when ordering this delectable recipe.
Knowing how much I adore fast and simple meals, it should come as no surprise that these shrimp fajitas are near the top.
Don’s Cook Nook: Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Grilled Shrimp Fajitas 🔗
Surprise your family with sizzling, restaurant-quality fajitas! A slightly spicy shrimp fajita marinade fabulously flavors your seafood while onions and bell peppers grill to perfection. Break out the tortillas and dig into these fantastic Grilled Shrimp Fajitas as a fun weekend meal or as a way to spice up taco night.
Serving Size: 1 Fajita
Nutrition Facts: calories 320 , Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 175 mg, Fat 1/2 , Fiber 3 g, Protein 23 g, Saturated Fat 2 1/2 g, servingSize 1 Fajita, Sodium 1140 mg, Sugar 4 g, Trans Fat 1 g
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (about 2 cups)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package)
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated guacamole (from 14-oz package)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix marinade ingredients until well blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes to marinate, turning once. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, place bell peppers and onion; spray with cooking spray. Place vegetables in grill basket (grill “wok”). Wrap tortillas in foil; set aside.
- Place basket on grill rack over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 minutes, turning vegetables once.
- Drain shrimp; discard marinade. Add shrimp to grill basket. Cover grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer, turning shrimp and vegetables once, until shrimp are pink. Place wrapped tortillas on grill. Cook 2 minutes, turning once, until warm.
- On serving platter, place shrimp and vegetables; cover to keep warm. Place warmed tortillas on plate; place guacamole in serving bowl. For each serving, top tortilla with shrimp, vegetables and guacamole; fold tortilla over filling.