Salmon that has been marinated and baked until caramelized, served on a bed of fluffy basmati rice with cucumbers, mango, edamame, and creamy avocado, then drizzled with a spicy mayo, are the stars of these Salmon Poke Bowls, which are bursting with flavor and a super simple light dinner for the family.
As always, thank you for supporting the companies that support Joyful Healthy Eats. All opinions are entirely mine. This post is sponsored by Success Rice.
- 2 4 oz salmon fillets.
- 1 tsp avocado oil.
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos.
- 1 tsp sesame oil.
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes.
- 1 tsp sesame seeds.
- pinch of salt & pepper.
- 1 cup cooked white rice – I used the 3 minute microwave packs from Trader Joe’s.
How to make a Salmon Poke Bowl in 15 minutes! | Nadiya’s Time to Eat – BBC
Cooked Salmon Poke Bowl 🔗
This Cooked Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe is packed with protein and is so tasty. Don’t forget the homemade Sriracha Mayo with Greek Yogurt!
- 2 4 oz salmon fillets
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 cup cooked white rice – I used the 3 minute microwave packs from Trader Joe's
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ¾ cup sliced cucumber
- ⅓ cup chopped scallion
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 ½ tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- First, make the Sriracha Mayo with Greek Yogurt. Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a pan on medium heat. Make sure the pan is hot before putting salmon in. Cook the salmon skin side down (about 5 minutes per side.) If the pieces of salmon are thicker and the middle is taking extra time to cook through, cover the pan with foil.
- When the salmon is cooked through, discard any excess oil from the pan. Now, grab a pair of tongs or a fork and flake the salmon. Add the coconut aminos, sesame oil, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, salt & pepper over the flaked salmon. Mix to ensure the salmon is all coated.
- Now, it's time to assemble the bowls. Grab 2 bowls and place mixed greens, rice, sliced cucumbers, chopped scallion, chopped cilantro and salmon in each. Evenly distribute the Sriracha Mayo Sauce over the bowls. Top with sesame seeds, if desired and enjoy!
What is poke bowl sauce made of?
Because poke bowls are frequently simple to customize, there is more freedom to add healthier, fresher ingredients to the dish. Poke is a very healthy dish because it typically contains a large amount of tuna and salmon, which are packed with protein and great fats.
What is the best fish for poke bowls?
Low sodium soy sauce, lemon juice, toasted sesame oil, mirin, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, and scallions are all ingredients in the delicious sauce used in poke bowls.