Super healthy and delectable, this recipe is a great choice for those following the Whole30, Paleo, and Low Carb lifestyles, as well as for those following the 2B Mindset program. These simple to prepare grilled bell peppers are the ideal summer side dish.
Grilled bell peppers are evidence that sometimes the simplest dishes are the most delicious ones to prepare.
Bell peppers are a delicious side dish or sandwich topping when grilled; add some aged balsamic vinegar or chimichurri for flavor![feast_advanced_jump_to]
- Cut the bell peppers into quarters. Then mix with olive oil and salt.
- Place them directly onto the grates. You’ll want to space them apart as much as possible because they’ll cook faster this way.
- Grill about 6 to 10 minutes, until tender.
Roasted Peppers Recipe / How to Make Roasted Peppers – Laura Vitale “Laura In The Kitchen” Episode 8
How To Grill Peppers 🔗
Marinated and grilled peppers so good, that you’ll think twice before buying another jar!
- 1 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow), seeded and quartered
- Neutral oil, for the grill
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and ¾ teaspoons each of salt and pepper. Pour into a zip-top storage bag. Place bell pepper quarters in the storage bag with the marinade and press out all of the air before sealing. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush the grates with neutral oil and wait until you see the surface start to smoke. Remove peppers from the marinade (don’t discard the marinade!) and wipe off excess marinade. Season all of the pepper pieces on both sides with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, skin-side down, and close the lid, or cover the peppers with a metal bowl (if using a grill pan).
- Grill for 12 to 14 minutes, undisturbed. You may need to do this in batches if working with a grill pan. Lift the grill lid (using a dry dish towel if you need to lift a metal bowl) and check that the skin on each pepper is well charred and blistered.
- You can eat the grilled peppers with the charred skin. If you would like to remove the skin, place the freshly grilled peppers into a glass or metal bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let steam for at least 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, you should be able to gently peel the blistered skin from the pepper. Drizzle the peppers with leftover marinade and season with salt to taste.
How do you grill hot peppers?
Chili peppers and bell peppers should be grilled over medium-high heat, turning frequently, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until they are tender and have some charred spots.
How do you grill peppers and onions without a grill basket?
Slice the peppers and onion into thick (1 12 inch) strips, toss with salt and olive oil to coat, then grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning the vegetables occasionally to ensure even cooking.