The trick is to get the fire hot enough and dry off any marinade before placing the meat on the grill, as this will give you the deepest sear. Here, the meat is marinated in a garlicky herb paste flecked with pickled pepperoncini chiles, though other pickled peppers will work, so feel free to substitute pickled jicama, red or green peppers, or even pickled jicama leaves.
How to Cook a CHEAP STEAK! – Argentinian Milanesa Steak Recipe
Carne asada or grilled thin steaks 🔗
Carne asada is classic Latin American and Ecuadorian dish of thin beef steaks marinated with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and cooked on the grill.
- 2 lbs thin beef steaks
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Ecuadorian style white rice
- Lentil stew menestra
- Patacones/fried green plantains
- Fried ripe plantains
- Mix the garlic, salt, cumin and pepper to make a marinade paste.
- Season the steaks with the garlic paste and let rest for at least 30 minutes, overnight is ideal.
- Heat the grill and cook the meat, make sure the garlic bits are removed from the meat before grilling to avoid burning. The steaks are so thin that they cook very quickly.
- Serve with rice and menestra, or your choice of side dishes.
Is milanesa meat tender?
Recipe | Milanesa Origins | What do you serve with Milanesa Steak? The quickly fried meat is so tender that it’s perfect on its own or as a sandwich, taco, or quesadilla. It’s a simple dish that gets on the table in 30 minutes.
How do you make thin steaks tender?
Physically tenderize the meat, use a marinade, don’t forget the salt, let it come to room temperature, cook it slowly, reach the proper internal temperature, rest your meat, and slice against the grain are all easy ways to make tough meat tender.
How do you grill thin round steak?
Steak Cooking TimesRare: 3-4 minutes; Medium-rare: 4-5 minutes; Medium: 5-7 minutes; Medium-well: 7-9 minutes; Well done: 9-11 minutes. Coat the steak with light olive oil and grill for about one and a half minutes per side (depending on how thin the steak is).