If you’ve ever wondered how to grill fish on Pit Boss, you’re in the right place. I’ll walk you through everything you need to know to grill fish over indirect heat for your next outdoor cooking experience. Most Pit Boss owners never think about cooking fish because they would rather have a steak or hamburger.
How To Smoke Fish On A Pit Boss Pellet Smoker
Pitboss Grilled Fish 🔗
For this recipe, we are using fresh halibut fillets. Halibut works well on a smoker as it holds together well.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: calories 228 kcal, servingSize 1 serving
- 4 inch thick Halibut Steaks
- ¾ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1½ tsp Onion powder
- 1⅔ tsp Dried parsley
- ¾ tsp Dried dill
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium heat of 350℉ for 3-7 minutes.
- Brush the grill with olive oil, to help prevent sticking. Fish tends to stick during the cooking process, more than any other cuts of meat.
- Mix the seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat each piece of fish with the seasoning mix.
- Place on the wood pellet grill.
- Cooking time is around 5-6 minutes, but monitor the internal temperature for a more accurate indication (145℉).
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with fresh vegetables or salads, and fresh bread.
How do you cook fish in my Pit Boss pellet grill?
Cooking time is approximately 5–6 minutes, but keep an eye on the internal temperature for a more precise reading (145°F) and season each piece of fish with the seasoning mixture before placing it on the wood pellet grill and closing the lid to let the fish absorb the smoky flavors.
What temperature do you cook fish on a pellet grill?
If you want to smoke your fish, then smoking rules apply – set the temperature low, at about 225F, and let your fish cook for 1-3 hours until it reaches the desired texture. Set your pellet grill to a temperature of 350F and wait for it to reach temperature before you add your fish.
What fish is good on a pellet grill?
Fish with skin-on fillets and whole fish are the best options because they maintain their shape during the smoking process. Salmon and trout are ideal for smoking because fattier fish absorb more smoke flavor.
How long does it take to smoke fish on a pellet grill?
Place the seasoned salmon fillet in the center of your pellet grill, preheat it to 215 degrees, and smoke it for 50 to 60 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.