Learn what flat iron steak is and how to cook it like a pro with my best tips, then make this juicy, flavorful flat iron steak recipe for the grill and top it with this delectable creamy-spicy Peruvian green sauce, known as aji verde.
Grilled Peruvian Steak (Petite Tender) on the Gourmet Guru Grill
Peruvian Superfoods: Grilled Sirloin Steak with Cilantro-Soy Marinade 🔗
Serving Size: 4 oz
Nutrition Facts: servingSize 4 oz, calories 138 kcal, Carbohydrate 3 g, Protein 18.4 g, Fat 5.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Trans Fat 0.1 g, Cholesterol 42 mg, Sodium 401.4 mg, Fiber 0.3 g, Sugar 0.5 g
- 1 pound sirloin steak (4-5 ounce pieces)
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce, cilantro, garlic, canola oil and black pepper in a large bowl to make the marinade.
- Place the pieces of sirloin steak in the marinade and let it sit for one hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. If using an inside griddle, preheat for medium-heat.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side or to desired temperature (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
How long cook steak on grill?
The steaks should be grilled for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side for medium-rare (internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (internal temperature of 140 degrees F), or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (internal temperature of 150 degrees F).
How do you make char crusted steak?
The mayonnaise mixture should be brushed on both sides of the steaks before placing them on a hot griddle pan to cook until done to your preference. Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, Worcestershire, white pepper, salt, parsley, and lemon pepper in a medium bowl and stir well.
How do you cook an Argentinian ribeye steak?
When the steak is ready, season the exposed side with sea salt and cook it for about 3 minutes on a medium heat before flipping it over and cooking it for an additional 1 minute for medium rare.