Nothing compares to a perfectly cooked steak (just a little salt and pepper will do!)
Continue reading for some advice on how to prepare a steak that will impress your guests.
Ribeye Steaks on A Pellet Grill
Reverse Seared Steak on a Pit Boss Pellet Grill 🔗
Reverse searing is a process to get a crusty, crunchy exterior on the steak. Our steak is seasoned with a flavorful steak seasoning, seared to perfection and can be enjoyed with sides of choice.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: calories 271 kcal, servingSize 1 serving
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 pieces steak
- Preheat Pitboss smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Pat steaks dry.
- Season with your favourite bbq rub. Make sure to do both sides. (a simple mix of Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder will do wonders)
- Add steaks to Pittboss smoker.
- Cook until internal temp of steaks is 120 degrees F. Depending on cut and thickness, this could be approx. 40 mins or more.
- Remove steaks from smoker, wrap in foil and place in an esky/cooler with some towels to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Adjust Grill to high temp (500 degrees F) and open slide plate flame broiler (if your Pitboss model has this feature).
- Once up to temp, add steaks over flame for approx. 30-45 seconds. Turn 90* to get crosshatch grill marks for another 30-45 seconds.
- Turn steaks over and repeat above.
- Once Internal temp reaches 130 degrees F, steaks are done to medium rare doneness.
- Slice and Enjoy!
What’s the best way to cook a steak on a pellet grill?
When searing on a pellet grill, you want to hear the sizzle of the steak making contact with the heat of the grill. Place your prepared, rested steaks on the hottest part of your grill. Sear each side of the steak for about three minutes, or until the steaks have reached your desired internal temperature.
What temperature do you cook a steak on a pellet grill?
The steak should be seasoned with salt and pepper, placed directly on the grill grate, and the lid should be closed. The steak should be cooked at 500°F for 5 minutes, then flipped over and cooked for an additional 5 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the steak reaches 120°F.
How long do you cook steak on a pellet grill?
If you want a medium rare steak, it will take at least 40 minutes to cook it on a pellet grill until the internal temperature reaches 120°F, but the exact cooking time will vary depending on the cut, thickness, and degree of doneness you prefer.
Is pellet grill good for steaks?
When you think of a steak, you picture a juicy piece of meat that has been seared on both sides. You can only achieve this with a pellet grill. In fact, a pellet grill may be the best type of grill to cook steak on.