Let’s roll some smoke and get started on how to smoke a steak. When done properly, smoked steak is tender, juicy, and has a perfect smoke flavor. I’ll show you how to make the perfect smoked steak.
Ribeye Steaks on A Pellet Grill
Traeger Ribeye 🔗
This is Traeger Ribeye is cooked right on the pellet grill. Instructions included here are for both a traditional sear and a reverse sear. Choose your own adventure, as long as it includes Berta beef, s&p, 4 minutes a side, down the hatch.
Serving Size: 1
Nutrition Facts: calories 615 calories, Carbohydrate 0 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 177 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 43 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 56 grams protein, Saturated Fat 19 grams saturated fat, servingSize 1, Sodium 205 milligrams sodium, Sugar 0 grams sugar, Trans Fat 0 grams trans fat, unSaturated Fat 23 grams unsaturated fat
- 2 pounds Ribeye Steak
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your grill over high heat following factory instructions. Let the beef come to room temperature, pat dry with paper towels, and coat with salt and pepper liberally.
- Place on the grill and grill for 4-5 minutes per side, depending on how done you like your beef. The best way to tell is to use an instant-read thermometer, such as the Thermopen. (Link below)
- Remove from the grill when it reaches 4-5 degrees below your desired level of doneness, and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Preheat your grill to 225° following factory instructions. Let your beef come to room temperature, pat dry, and then liberally salt and pepper the meat.
- Place the meat on your pellet grill and shut the lid. Grill until the center reaches 125° for medium rare, or 130° for medium. With the reverse sear you want to pull them about 5-7° under where you ultimately want them to end up.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet on a stove or a flat top grill over high heat. Throw down a little bit of high-smoke-point oil, such as avocado oil.
- Place the steak on the pre-heated skillet or flat top and let cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until a crust has formed.
- Remove, let rest for 5 minutes, and eat!
What temperature do you cook ribeye on pit boss pellet grill?
If you prefer the reverse-sear method, start cooking your steak on a pellet grill at about 225 °F or 107 °C. The best temperature to cook a steak on a pellet grill is around 400 °F or 204 °C if it’s direct heat.
How long does it take to smoke a steak on a pellet grill?
Place steaks directly on the grill after the Pit Boss Grill has heated up to 400°F. For a medium-done steak, sear each side for 5-7 minutes, flipping the steaks only once. Adjust time to your desired doneness.
How long does it take to smoke a ribeye at 225?
Steaks should be seasoned with salt and pepper on both sides and cooked in a pellet smoker for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 110 degrees. Preheating the smoker to 165 degrees usually takes 15 minutes, depending on the smoker.