This special smoker recipe puts a spin on the conventional oven baked lasagna that your grandmother made. Let’s smoke lasagna… YUM! Easy Traeger smoked lasagna recipe is bursting with big smoke flavor.
This recipe for pellet grill lasagna ranks right up there with smoked meatballs in terms of smoked Italian cuisine.
Hey there, if you use Instagram, follow @sipbitego for quick new recipes.
See my step-by-step video for beginners if you’re new to smoked food recipes and Traeger recipes (scroll to the bottom of the page).
Smoked Breakfast Casserole | Sausage, Egg & Cheese Casserole Smoked on Traeger
Traeger Steak and Potato French Onion Casserole 🔗
Our simple Steak and Potato French Onion casserole is the ultimate meat-and-potatoes experience. If you don't have a pellet grill you can toss it in the oven!
Serving Size: 1
Nutrition Facts: calories 376 calories, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 87 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 28 grams fat, Fiber 0 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Saturated Fat 15 grams saturated fat, servingSize 1, Sodium 517 milligrams sodium, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Trans Fat 1 grams trans fat, unSaturated Fat 11 grams unsaturated fat
- 2 10-ounce cans French onion soup
- 1 envelope Beefy Onion dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 – 20 ounce bags Simply Potatoes diced potatoes with onions
- 1 pound thinly sliced Ribeye (I buy mine at Costco)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder + 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 slices swiss cheese
- Preheat your pellet grill to 325°.
- Combine the French Onion Soup, Beefy Onion dry mix, and the melted butter.
- Prep a large, high-sided rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Put the potatoes in the pan.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Layer the shaved ribeye on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with the garlic salt.
- Pour the combined butter + French Onion mixture into the pan all over the meat and potatoes. Put the baking dish in the pellet grill (or oven, if you don’t have a pellet grill). Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes and meat are fully cooked.
- Layer on the swiss cheese on top of the meat during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Serve hot with some crusty bread and fresh vegetables.
Can I use my pellet grill like an oven?
Similar to an outdoor convection oven, pellet grills use ignited wood pellets and a system of fans to heat food to a specific temperature. Pellet grills can be used to smoke, grill, bake, and even braise food. Almost anything you make in a conventional oven can be made on a pellet grill.
What is the best thing to cook on a pellet grill?
Smaller chicken breasts or thighs may take about an hour to cook, whereas a whole chicken may take several hours. On a pellet grill, you can cook anything from chicken thighs, chicken breasts, and even a whole chicken. A smoked chicken is genuinely delicious and works well with any of your favorite seasonings.
What temperature do you bake a casserole at?
Heat until steaming hot (165°F) throughout by covering and baking at 350°F for roughly 50 to 1 hour, or by heating in a microwave on 50% power for roughly 15 to 30 minutes.
Can you make a casserole on the grill?
You already know that casseroles can be prepared in the oven, but a sausage breakfast casserole prepared on the grill? You betcha! I am confident that you will enjoy this dish, which is filled with hash browns, eggs, and sausage.