You’ll love this Ninja Foodi roasted whole chicken that’s cooked to moist perfection and drizzled with a delectable gravy; it’s a favorite for Sunday dinners with the family!
One of the most popular recipes on the site for a long time has been my air fryer rotisserie chicken, but did you know you can also make Ninja Foodi rotisserie chicken?
I mean, really, why let those tasty chicken drippings go to waste? This whole chicken Ninja Foodi recipe has the advantage that the drippings collect at the bottom of the pot and can be used to make a succulent gravy (or not, and keep the recipe low carb and gluten free).
If your cooker lacks this feature, this recipe still works without the use of an air fryer spit.
You may not be able to make a 6 lb Ninja Foodi whole chicken because it may not fit in the Foodi. Be sure to test fitting the chicken in the Ninja Foodi before starting the recipe. Getting a chicken that fits is one of the most important things to remember for this recipe.
I’ve included oven instructions for roasting chicken as well, so don’t worry if your chicken won’t fit![feast_advanced_jump_to]
NINJA FOODI ROASTED CHICKEN | ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | MY VERSION | Supermom Vlog in USA
Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken Recipe (Ninja Foodi Roast Chicken) 🔗
Learn to make Ninja Foodi whole chicken! This Ninja Foodi roast chicken recipe is even better than your grocery store's rotisserie chicken.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: calories 253 kcal, Protein 27 g, Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, servingSize 1 serving
- 4-5 lb whole chicken ((1.8-2.3 kg))
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 fresh parsley sprig
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, quartered
- ½ lemon rind
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ tablespoons butter
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Remove the giblets from the chicken and pat it dry on both sides with paper towels. Juice half a lemon. Set the juice and rind aside.
- Strip the leaves from the rosemary and parsley sprigs. Set the stems aside and chop the leaves finely. (Save the leaves to use in gravy, see recipe notes below.)
- Rub the chicken all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the lemon rind, rosemary and parsley stems, and a quartered shallot in the cavity.
- Place the chicken (breast side down) in the Ninja Foodi air fryer basket, which is set inside the ceramic pot. Put the air fryer tendercrisp lid on the Foodi.
- Air fry the chicken for 30 minutes at 350°F (177°C). . While the chicken roasts, combine the cider, butter, and lemon juice in a pan on the stovetop. Let it reduce for 30 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- After the chicken has air fried for 30 minutes, flip it and place it back in the Foodi. To flip the chicken, I carefully dumped it onto a plate, and then put it back in the Foodi with tongs. Close the lid and air fry an additional 20 minutes.
- After the time is up, brush the top of the chicken with half of the cider reduction. Air fry 5 minutes. Then brush with the rest of the cider reduction and air fry an additional 5 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken by sticking an instant read meat thermometer between the thigh and body of the chicken. The safe minimum internal temp for chicken is 165°F (74°C). Add additional air frying time as needed.
- Remove the chicken from the Ninja Foodi and tent it in foil. Let it rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving. You can make gravy (if you wish) while it rests.
How do you cook a whole chicken in a ninja Foodi grill?
In the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot, a whole chicken can be pressure cooked in 15 minutes; just make sure to use water and to place the chicken on a trivet above the water level. After quickly releasing the pressure, air fry the chicken until the skin is as crispy as you like it.
How do you roast a chicken in a ninja Foodi?
Grilling the Chicken Place the marinated chicken breast on the Ninja Foodi Grill, which has been preheated to 500°F. After 5 minutes, turn the chicken over with tongs, and cook for an additional 3–5 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160–165°F.
Can you cook a whole chicken in the Ninja Foodi Grill XL?
Close the crisping lid, choose AIR CRISP, set the temperature to 400°F, and set the timer for 8 minutes. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.