Caramelizing onions takes about 30 minutes, so save this recipe for when you have some extra time and company (this recipe serves two). If time allows, you could even prepare the caramelized onions in advance in a slow cooker. Rather than layering the grated Gruyère and the warm caramelized onions in the sandwich, you should stir them together before making the sandwich.
The Best Grilled Cheese In NYC | Best Of The Best
Ultimate Big City Grilled Cheese 🔗
Buttered and toasted thick artisan bread filled with four local cheeses that when melted together make the tastiest grilled cheese ever!
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: calories 694 kcal, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 31 g, Fat 38 g, Saturated Fat 23 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 1213 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 8 g, servingSize 1 serving
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 oz smoked gouda cheese (grated)
- 4 oz jalapeno jack cheese (grated)
- 4 oz fontina cheese (grated)
- 1 loaf Sara Lee Artisano Bread (12 slices, not including the end pieces)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter (very soft)
- Grate all the cheeses. Toss them together on a cutting board or in a bowl. Set aside.
- Take a loaf of Sara Lee Artesano Bread and sandwich about 2 oz. of cheese in between two slices. Butter the outsides of the bread with very soft salted butter, about 1 tablespoon of butter per sandwich.
- Place sandwich in a nonstick pan over medium low heat until the bottom is brown and the cheese has started to melt. Flip the sandwich and brown the other side and the cheese is completely melted. Remove from pan, cut in half and serve.
What cheese does Gordon Ramsay use for grilled cheese?
BROADWAY CLASSIC American and Swiss cheese are sandwiched between toasted sourdough for a traditional twist that will have you drooling with delight. The cheeses are melted together with our housemade garlic butter.
Is mayo or butter better for grilled cheese?
Ramsay’s recipe calls for thick slices of country bread, thick slices of Asiago cheese, thick slices of Romano cheese with Pepperberry, and thick slices of kimchi, along with the usual butter, olive oil, and salt.