It’s exactly what it sounds like: a jalapeo popper transformed into your new favorite grilled cheese. If two peppers per sandwich seems excessive, it is, but in a good way. the char from the broiler mellows the heat from sharp and stingy to smoky and warm. you’ll notice that the recipe offers two paths: crispy bacon or barbecue potato chips.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with approximately 1 ounce of cream cheese. Bake stuffed jalapenos on cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes. …
- Place 1 slice each cheddar cheese on 2 bread slices. Place 1 slice each Monterey Jack on 2 bread slices. …
- Top each sandwich with several pats of butter.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese | Blackstone Griddles
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese 🔗
Piquant and cheesy, a jalapeño popper grilled cheese is a heavenly combination of gooey, crunchy and chewy, all at the same time.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Nutrition Facts: calories 783 kcal, Carbohydrate 76 g, Protein 34 g, Fat 39 g, Saturated Fat 22 g, Cholesterol 111 mg, Sodium 1239 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 6 g, servingSize 1 serving
- 4 slices sourdough bread (thick cut)
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Combine cream cheese, jalapeños, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Spread jalapeño filling over 2 of the slices of bread. Top with cheddar cheese and remaining slice of bread.
- Spread mayonnaise over the outside of each slice of bread.
- Preheat a small skillet over low heat. Place mayonnaise side down in the skillet.
- Grill until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until golden.
What cheese goes best with jalapeño?
Try fresh, mild feta or experiment with an aged cheddar-style to add some variety beyond the typical Mexican cotija; both will complement the jalapeo’s vegetal, earthy, and spicy notes.
How do you make a grilled cheese sandwich on Jane the virgin?
– Jalapeo Popper Chicken Sandwich: A spicy chicken fillet is topped with a smooth jalapeo cream cheese, three slices of Applewood smoked bacon, and a warm cheddar cheese sauce. Jalapeo slices, pepper jack cheese, and of course a premium bun complete this dish.