It’s exactly what it sounds like: a jalapeo popper transformed into your new favorite grilled cheese. If two peppers per sandwich seems excessive, it is, but in a good way. the char from the broiler mellows the heat from sharp and stingy to smoky and warm. you’ll notice that the recipe offers two paths: crispy bacon or barbecue potato chips.
- Combine cream cheese, jalapeños, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Spread jalapeño filling over 2 of the slices of bread. …
- Spread mayonnaise over the outside of each slice of bread.
- Preheat a small skillet over low heat. …
- Grill until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese | Blackstone Griddles
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese 🔗
Give your grilled cheese a major upgrade with this easy recipe for jalapeño popper grilled cheese from Delish.com.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- finely ground black pepper
- 4 slices french bread
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 4 slices cooked bacon, halved
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, jalapeño, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of each slice of French bread. On the other side of two slices, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bread with cream cheese mixture, buttered side down. Top with 1/2 cup cheddar and half the bacon, then top with another 1/2 cup cheddar. Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until melty and golden, 4 to 5 minutes, then flip and cook 5 minutes more.
- Repeat with second sandwich.
What cheese goes best with jalapeno?
Try fresh, mild feta or experiment with an aged cheddar-style to add some variety beyond the typical Mexican cotija; both will complement the jalapeo’s vegetal, earthy, and spicy notes.
Can I grill a jalapeno?
By using your spice rack, you can add flavor without adding more sodium. For example, you could layer in some freshly torn herbs or mix dried oregano and garlic powder into your butter before spreading it on the outside of the bread.