—Mike Yaeger, Brookings, South Dakota Try these sausage sandwiches for a casual but hearty meal. They’re quick to make and full of traditional Italian flavor.
25g protein, 45g carbohydrates (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 60 mg of cholesterol, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), and 525 calories per serving.
- 4 (4 ounce) links hot Italian sausage.
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded.
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut in half crosswise.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4 (6 inch) sandwich rolls, split and toasted.
Blackstone Griddle Italian Sausage Sandwiches: Just like my mom used to make!
Grilled Italian Sausage Sandwich 🔗
For a casual meal that’s hearty and full of traditional flavor, try our recipe for this Grilled Italian Sausage Sandwich. Grilled Italian sausages are sliced and loaded onto hoagie rolls. They’re smothered in marinara sauce with peppers & onions and sprinkled with grated Romano cheese.
- 4 – mild Italian sausages
- 1 – red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 – green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 – yellow onion, sliced
- 1 – garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 – cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 – tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 – salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 – cup marinara sauce
- 4 – hoagie rolls
What toppings go well with sausage?
What to Serve with Sausage (10 Tempting Sides): Grilled Vegetables, Mac & Cheese, Baked Beans, Coleslaw, Potato Salad, and Rosemary and Garlic Baked Potato Wedges.
What is the best way to grill sausages?
The best condiments and toppings for sausage include caramelized onions, sauteed peppers, mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, pickle relish, jalapenos, and caramelized onions because they offer the ideal balance of sweet and savory flavors to elevate any high-quality sausage.