You can probably get the pineapple juice for this recipe from the whole pineapple after you have cut it up, but if you’re pressed for time, just use canned pineapple juice. A ham steak gets paired with pineapple, mustard, and honey, which gives it a delicious flavor.
- 1 can crushed pineapple.
- 1.5 cup brown sugar (remove this and add more honey to make it paleo)
- ½ bottle white Zinfandel or other sweet wine.
- ½ cup honey.
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard.
- 20 lb bone-in super trim ham.
How to grill Ham with Pineapple & Bacon | Recipe
Grilled Ham with Pineapple 🔗
Grilling makes dinners so easy, especially when there is almost no prep! Try this recipe for Grilled Ham with Pineapple the next time you need a fast meal.
- 2 thick-sliced ham steaks
- 1 large pineapple
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Peel and core pineapple. Then cut into thick slices.
- Place ham steaks on the hot grill, on direct heat. Place pineapple slices on the hot grill, over indirect heat.
- Cook ham steaks for 2-5 minutes per side, turning once, until internal temperature measures 140-145 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
- Cook pineapple slices for 3-5 minutes per side, turning once, until soft and heated through. If needed, move pineapple to direct heat when the ham is done. Watch pineapple carefully to avoid burning.
- Serve immediately.
Why do people put pineapple on ham?
And it’s not just me and Benton: Pineapple appears in ham recipes all over the world—atop the ham, in glazes slicking the ham, in shield-your-eyes versions of fried rice. “Typically, when you’re doing a country ham, you need something sweet to neutralize the ham’s saltiness, and pineapple does this really well.”
How do you keep a ham moist on the grill?
Place the ham cut-side down on a piece of aluminum foil to prevent the end from drying out. This will help keep in the moisture while exposing the skin to the heat and flavor of the grill.
How long does it take to grill a ham on the grill?
If you are using a precooked ham and cooking it between 225 and 250 degrees F, then grilling a ham should take about 15 to 20 minutes per pound of ham. Most hams weigh in the 8 to 12-pound range, so this size ham would take about 2 to 3 hours to be fully heated through.
Can you cook a full ham on the grill?
Place the ham on the baking sheet, flat side down, on the grill grates, preheat your charcoal grill to 300 degrees F for indirect heat, cover the grill, and cook the ham for 2 hours.