The ideal side dish for any summertime meals you prepare is Easy Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple, and it only requires a few minutes in a pan.
There are so many ways you can use pineapples to flavor your meals all summer long; grilled pineapple is so simple to make and adds a ton of flavor… plus, it’s healthy to boot and doesn’t alter your tastebuds like raw pineapple does. Grilled pineapple will become one of your favorite side dishes to make all summer long when you are fully in the summer swing of things here and the grill is fired up.
The best thing about grilled pineapple recipes is that you can cook two dishes at once because they are a quick side dish that packs a flavorful punch when served with grilled meats and burgers.
Enjoy this basic Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple with Easy Pulled Pork and BBQ Pulled Chicken and our favorite Best EVER Baked Beans for a summertime favorite that will make your kids fight over who gets more.
- Peel, slice, and core the pineapple. Each slice should be 1/2-3/4” thick. …
- Melt 3 Tbsp of butter in a saucepan or the microwave and coat both sides of each pineapple slice in butter. Lightly season with salt.
- Grill the pineapple over direct medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.
Grilled Pineapple Recipe: How to Grill Pineapple | BBQ Pineapple
Grilled Pineapple Slices 🔗
This grilled pineapple slices recipe is going to be a new summertime treat! A fresh fruit recipe that can be an easy side dish or healthy dessert!
Serving Size: 1
Nutrition Facts: calories 227 calories, Carbohydrate 28 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 0 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 14 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 0 grams protein, Saturated Fat 2 grams saturated fat, servingSize 1, Sodium 9 milligrams sodium, Sugar 26 grams sugar, Trans Fat 0 grams trans fat, unSaturated Fat 11 grams unsaturated fat
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or water
- Cut off the ends, sides, and core your fresh pineapple
- Slice your pineapple into thick slices.
- (Optional – marinate the pineapple slices in 1/2 cup of brown sugar mixed into 1/4 cup of olive oil or water. Leave your pineapple in the brown sugar mixture for a few hours before grilling.) Otherwise, move to step #4.
- Place each slice on the grill and grill each side for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the grill and serve.
- Serve hot or warm and enjoy!
How do you grill pineapple because it tastes even better that way?
Here’s how to do it:Preheat the grill to high heat.Brush the pineapple slices with oil.Use a pair of tongs to place them on the heated grill.Cook until charred, about 4 minutes per side.Cool slightly before serving.You can serve them as is or cut them into chunks.That’s just to add additional flavor to it.
What happens to pineapple when you grill it?
Fresh, in-season pineapple is hard to top—until you grill it, allowing the sugars to caramelize and intensify the fruit’s sweetness while also introducing a hint of smokiness.
Can you grill pineapple by itself?
What is this? If you’d rather stay inside, you can also grill pineapple on a cast iron grill pan by lightly oiling your grill and cooking the fruit for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until it turns golden brown and has grill marks.
How healthy is grilled pineapple?
Pineapple contains bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme with anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting properties. Studies have shown that regular consumption of pineapple can be beneficial against arthritis and indigestion. It is also a good source of copper, B-complex vitamins, dietary fiber, folate, and pantothenic acid.