Two slices of melting cheese, such as American, Cheddar, Muenster, Havarti, Swiss, fontina, Mozzarella, Monterey jack, pepper jack, or provolone, each weighing about two ounces.
- Butter bread slices on 1 side. Turn them over.
- Lay cheese slices on 1 bread slice. Top with the other bread slice, buttered side up. …
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. …
- Put sandwich, buttered side down, in pan with both hands. …
- *Choose a cheese that melts well.
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH…KINDA | Jennifer Fix
Basic Grilled Cheese 🔗
4 grilled cheese sandwiches to satisfy EVERY appetite. Which would you choose?
- 2 thick slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Butter the slices of bread on both sides.
- Mix the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses together and then sprinkle over one slice of bread. Top with the other slice of buttered bread.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and place the sandwich into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on one side then flip over and cook for 3 minutes on the other side, until the outside is golden and the cheese has melted.
What kind of cheese is best for grilled cheese?
From Kraft to Velveeta, the mild flavor is the great addition to a grilled cheese, plus they are pre-packaged and portioned in individual slices for easy layering. American cheese may be processed, but it is perfect for a classic grilled cheese because it has superior melting ability and gooey texture.
What goes good inside a grilled cheese?
Bacon and Cured Meats Sliced cured meats, such as prosciutto, speck, country ham, and soppressata, as well as crispy, salty slices of bacon or even plain deli ham, all make delicious additions to grilled cheese.
How do you make a grilled cheese in 10 steps?
A grilled cheese sandwich, also referred to as a toasted sandwich or cheese toastie, is a hot sandwich that is typically made by heating one or more slices of cheese between bread slices in a pan or toaster until the cheese melts and the bread turns golden.